HOW TO CHOOSE MARIJUANA SEED
Good Smokes Naturalists! It is becoming more and more difficult to choose marijuana seed for our first crop. Year after year we see new seed banks and varieties appear everywhere. Then we go into other questions, which beginners often do not know how to answer, such as: indica or sativa; regular, feminised or auto-flowering?
Table of Contents
MARIJUANA SEEDS FOR BEGINNERS
- CRITERIA FOR CHOOSING YOUR MARIJUANA SEED:
- CANNABIS SEEDS IN BULK
- TIPS FOR CHOOSING MARIJUANA SEED:
MARIJUANA SEEDS FOR BEGINNERS
If we are going to debut in the self-cultivation of marijuana, it is preferable to do it the simplest the first time, in this way we will not be discouraged.
First of all, it is better that you choose varieties of indica predominance, they are collected in less time and are easier when growing. In order not to worry about the sex of the plants, we will choose feminised varieties, with this we will make sure that they are all female.
IMPORTANT! It is not recommended to grow auto-flowers in our first crop. These types of plants have a particularity, if they suffer stress during growth they can become dwarfed.
For the first choice of a marijuana seed, it is better to seek advice from opinions or go to a trusted growshop. Whether you like it or not, marijuana seed bank catalogues have a marketing job behind them.
One recommendation is that we choose varieties such as Skunk (Skunk), easy to grow and quick to harvest. A variety that I love is Cheese, it will be easy for you to grow and you will have a grateful harvest. Another traditional variety that draws attention for the resin it gives off is the White Widow (White Widow).
CRITERIA FOR CHOOSING YOUR MARIJUANA SEED:
ACCORDING TO LOCATION – INTERIOR / EXTERIOR:
Outdoors, we can grow any type of variety as long as time permits. In indoor crops, however, it is not advisable to grow very pure sativas, this is because when growing so much it is very difficult to control their height.
ACCORDING TO THE CLIMATE OF THE AREA:
It is necessary to know well the climates where we are going to grow, for example, in areas where early rains come, we have to choose varieties to harvest in September. In this way we will save the appearance of fungi and not risk losing the harvest.
ACCORDING TO OUR LIKES (FLAVOR):
Sativas usually have a greater range of flavors than indica, some of the tastes that we can highlight from sativas are: incensed, earthy, metallic and even spicy flavors.
The flavors of the indica varieties are usually fruity (citrus, tropical fruits, bitter …) and sweet (biscuit, caramel, vanilla …). There are also the Afghan varieties that stand out for their deep hashish flavor.
ACCORDING TO THE FINAL SIZE OF THE PLANT:
If we have little height, whether inside or outside, we have different solutions. If we grow indoors we can perform techniques such as SOG or SCROG, both will help us control the height of the plants.
When we grow outdoors on a terrace or balcony and we do not want them to grow too much, we can:
- Grow auto-flowering (smaller size)
- Plant in mid-late July (Plants will be short)
- Pruning until flowering time
- Techniques such as SCROG can be adapted to the outside
FOR THE RAPIDITY OF THE HARVEST:
To have a great harvest and quickly, the indica varieties are used, we will obtain a good production in just 7 – 9 weeks.
The harvests of sativa varieties are usually scarcer, apart from the fact that we have to wait 10 to 16 weeks depending on the variety.
Also Read: When to harvest and how to prune cannabis?
ACCORDING TO THE SEARCHED EFFECTS:
If we are looking for narcotic and bodily effects that leave you relaxed, you are looking for indica varieties, the ones that lay us down on the couch while we watch TV.
For more euphoric and cerebral effects, which help us develop creativity, they are sativa varieties, they provide a feeling of joy and increase appetite.
ACCORDING TO THE RESISTANCE OF THE PLANT:
There are varieties with greater resistance to fungi or certain pests such as Red spider. It is important to find out about the pests that attack in your area, if the humidity levels in the environment are high or low, all these details are important to choose the best marijuana seed for your crop.
CANNABIS SEEDS IN BULK
We have high quality bulk cannabis seeds with a germination rate of over 90%. This type of cannabis seeds, by not carrying packaging and a marketing strategy behind, can be offered at much cheaper prices and adjusted to the current situation.
Bulk cannabis seeds are not synonymous with poor quality, I have also had bad experiences with recognised banks and this does not mean that they are worse. we had already published an article on How do I know if I have quality cannabis seeds?.
TIPS FOR CHOOSING MARIJUANA SEED:
- Do not be guided only by the description of the marijuana seed bank, look for opinions or ask for information in your trusted marijuana grow-shop.
- Do not take it in a hurry, be patient and choose the best option.
- Every year new varieties come onto the market, they are more widely publicised in the cannabis media, but not for that reason they are better than those that do not have these possibilities.
- Always buy your marijuana seeds from an official supplier, with this you can save yourself a lot of problems or future scams. Counterfeit seed containers from prestigious banks have been discovered, this can create problems for both the grower and the brand.
- It is NEVER too late to cultivate marijuana, I have put seeds to germinate at the beginning of August, so I encourage you to self-cultivate and obtain your own fruits.
- Many growers put auto-flowering and photo-period marijuana seeds outdoors, thanks to this they will obtain a pre-harvest of marijuana crops, obtaining enough to smoke until harvest time arrives.
- If we are going to cultivate in mother earth, we can start preparing the land in February, in this way the land will already be ready and rich in nutrients.
We hope that it has helped you to clear up any doubts, in any case, any doubts you have can be transferred to us in a comment or through our social networks.